Applications Developer/Software Engineer
Veri-Tax provides income, identity and employment verification services in the lending, collections and education spaces. We’re all about ‘Customer Happiness’ which means our core values are centered around delivering AWESOMENESS to the customers we serve with a team of rich diversity, highly engaged and talented employees who get stuff done and have fun in the process.
You Rock at:
- Devises/modifies procedures to solve problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and desired results.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, unit tests and documents those programs.
- Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written, designed, coded, tested and debugged.
- Participates and contributes to daily scrum meetings.
- Consults with users, stakeholders, subject matter experts and develops business relationships and integrates activities with other departments to ensure successful implementation.
- Provide Production Support for reported issues via troubleshooting and proposing and addressing defects through code fixes.
- Maintain defined SLA’s when addressing support issues reported through ticketing system.
- Deploy builds as required to support development and release cycles.
- Work closely with partners on integration development and provide guidance and testing.
- Ensure timely communication and responses with customer inquiries and requests.
- Monitor and report to management on the status of project efforts, anticipating/identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and deliverables by proposing corrective actions.
- Foster and maintain good relationships with customers and IT colleagues including Project Managers, Product Management and Quality Assurance staff both on and offshore to meet expected customer service levels.
- Availability for releases and hot-fixes as needed to provide guidance and support.
- This role is a salaried position and requires the ability to put in the hours necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- BS Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3 or more years of directly related experience.
- Full stack engineer proficient in ASP.Net, C#, Web Services using SOAP, RESTful web services, XML, T-SQL, MVC and jQuery.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server 2008, SSMS, Windows Server 2008, IIS and Visual Studio 2010.
- Experience developing multiple tiers of multi-tiered software applications.
- Experience with the CSLA .NET framework, OCR and SOA technology a plus.
- Proficient with debugging code and performance tuning.
- Experience with various computer platforms and application environments.
- Experience working on high performing, high availability programs and public facing web applications.
- Constantly updating personal technical and business knowledge and skills and mentoring others to increase the knowledge and skills of the team.
- Good Project Management and organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid working knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum)
- Mortgage and/or real estate industry experience is a plus.
The Pay and the Perks:
- Benefits including PTO, medical, dental, vision, life coverage and 401(k) plan.
- Business Casual Attire – no stuffy suit and tie here!
- Fully-stocked break room with complimentary snacks and drinks.
- Community game room, complete with ping pong table, foosball and arcade games.
- Food Truck Fridays – once a month lunch is on us!
- Fun Team Events including games, scavenger hunts, pot lucks, BBQ’s.
- We are a rapidly growing entrepreneurial company that has exciting career development opportunities. We’ve had employees who start off in one department and get promoted to a different department or become a lead in the same department.
- Our company culture is powered by a very diverse and high performing team (62% of our employees are minorities and 63% are women)
We’ve got great jobs for people just starting out in the workforce, looking for a flexible second job or staying in the workforce after retirement. For a listing of all our job openings you can visit us at http://www.veri-tax.com/about-us/careers/. Please submit your resume to email@example.com.