Veri-Tax is the leading national verification provider helping loan originators, underwriters, loan processors, and other clients meet the elevated compliance and regulatory standards in the mortgage, consumer credit and other industries. We provide a suite of fast and reliable Ability- To-Pay Solutions which include 4506-C Income Verification, Verification of Employment, and SSN Verifications.
Our “customer happiness” culture ultimately differentiates us and drives our relentless customer-oriented organizational focus, commitment and execution as inspired by world class organizations like Zappos. We strive for nimbleness, flexibility and responsiveness to our customers’ needs across our people, process and technology. As a result, we have earned the trust and loyalty of both large and mid-market customers for over a decade and we are focused on growing both the number of industries and customers we serve and the number of ways we can deliver “customer happiness” to each and every one.
We pride ourselves on our diversity and inclusion. The resultant rich diversity of life experiences, viewpoints, and thinking directly contributes to deeper, multifaceted, and more empathetic understanding of our customers, employers, partners and each other. It also helps us generate more insightful, powerful and creative problem-solving.
Be You. That’s What Makes us Great.
Diversity. Inclusion. They’re more than just words to us. We are committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, physical ability, culture, life experiences, class, and viewpoints.
Diversity fuels our spirit, creativity, and innovation. Diversity deepens our empathy and connections with each other and with the customers, partners, and employers we serve. We hire, empower, and grow talent in all shapes and sizes within our diverse and inclusive meritocracy. We learn relentlessly, improve constantly, and laugh frequently. We respect and value one another, and help unleash each other’s uniqueness and potential. We are greater than the sum of our parts. We punch above our weight.
Position Title: Staff Accountant
Location: Irvine, CA
Reports to: Head of Finance and Accounting
- Perform day-to-day accounting activity including journal entries and supporting schedules.
- Govern daily, weekly, monthly and longer term cash management.
- Support audit and tax efforts, customer and business analysis, forecasting activities.
- Facilitate continuous process improvement to strengthen foundational accounting, controls and compliance operations.
- Support finance and accounting team with other activities as needed including accounts payables and receivables.
- Executing core accounting operations and designing/building robust, streamlined and scalable processes to support growth.
- Communicating effectively (written and verbal) at all levels to include management, peers, customers).
- Using Excel and have proficient use of Excel formulas (equations, pivot tables, v-look ups).
- Familiarity with QuickBooks a plus.
- Working effectively in a less structured and entrepreneurial environment.
- Solving problems with a pragmatic ‘roll-up your sleeves’ attitude.
- Time management with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Understanding basic accounting concepts and operations because you have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related discipline.
We’ve got great jobs for people just starting out in the workforce, looking for a flexible second job or staying in the workforce after retirement. For a listing of all our job openings you can visit us at https://veri-tax.com/about-us/careers/. Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.